55 The Hedgerow
I live in Kent & work part time for Kent Wildlife Trust, I am also a member of Garden Organic. I give talks and run workshops in the Kent area.
I am currently in my 8th year as the county organizer of the Kent Wildlife Gardening Awards. I have RHS level 2 certificate in practical horticulture.
My talks are illustrated with images of different types and sizes of real gardens and can be adapted to suit the audience such as incorporating a quiz or practical session. I run practical outdoor “workshop” style sessions for small groups of varying ages and abilities.
I have recently run a "Water for wildlife" half day workshop for a Liza Schofield, who runs the "Medway Master Gardeners" project.
1. Any garden can be wildlife friendly and still have room for people
2. Small gardens - perfect stepping stones for wildlife
3. Urban Oases for wildlife
4. Highlights of the Kent wildlife gardening awards. This talk includes an explanation of how levels of award were decided
5. Water for wildlife – in even the smallest garden
6. Hospitable horticulture for hedgehogs
7. Dealing with garden pests and diseases without harming the environment
8. Basic garden design-in a sustainable way