West Yorkshire Organic Group - Organic fruit, flower, vegetable & produce show
Join West Yorkshire Organic Group on the 9th September for their annual organic fruit, flower, vegetable & produce show. Growers can enter their organic fruit, flowers, vegetables and produce into 70 different classes. Register on-line at www.wyog.org or on the day.
All entries are then judged on taste - as nature intended. It’s the taste that matters not how they look. WYOG popular “Wholegrain” veggie/vegan cafe will also be open all day selling great value meals and snacks.
- Around 70 classes of fruit, veg, flowers and produce
- Free talks on composting and pruning
- Growing advice and tasting sessions
- Organic fruit, veg, and other produce for sale
- The ‘Wholegrain’ veggie /vegan café – open all day with cakes, soups, meals and drinks
- Wide range of stalls
- An event for the whole family
Please see full schedule for class details, available to download at www.wyog.org
There will also be free talks on pruning and composting as well as a wide range of stalls, some selling local produce - honey, fruit & veg, chutneys, pies and coffee - others giving advice about growing and local groups.
Programme of events
- Open to exhibitors for staging 10.00am – 11.30am
- Open to public 10.00am
- Cafe open 10.00am – 3.00pm
- Talks - 45 min, hourly from 11.30am
- Judging of exhibits 11.30am – 2.00pm
- Viewing and tasting of exhibits 2.00pm – 3.00pm
- Prize giving 3.00pm
- Sale of remaining exhibits 3.30pm
- Close 4.00pm